Well, we went on our semi-annual conference road trip and for this time we decide to head south to St. George. It wasn't just for fun though, we had some things that we wanted to accomplish while we were there. My Mothers parents are both from St. George and I have really wanted to go out to a ranch on the Arizona strip that was owned by my Great Great Grandfather. I had been out there once before when i was very young, and we really wanted to get some pictures for the family of the old ranch house if it was still standing. Well, I talked to my Grandfathers brother and he told me how to get there, but also told me that he didn't think we would be able to make it all the way out there due to the fact that it had rained the last couple of days. I assured him that if I didn't think we would be able to make it that I would turn around and come back. Well, we didn't make it, and I almost got us stuck out there. The road had about three inches of mud on it, and we slid off the road in to the borrow pit and got the rear tires stuck. I honestly didn't think we would be able to get out.

Fortunately we had let my cousin know where we were going, and because he is a federal agent that patrols the arizona strip, he knew where we would be, and promised that if we hadn't returned by 10 pm that he would send a search party after us. Fortunately we were able to get out, and thus avoided what would have been a very boring 12 hour wait for someone to come and get us. So, although we weren't able to get pictures of the ranch, we gave it a good effort and are planning to go back this summer and try again. The trip wasn't a total failure though, because we also wanted to get pictures of the St. George temple, and we feel they turned out really well. There was absolutely no trouble getting to the temple. (Man i loved paved roads)

Wednesday, April 15, 2009
St. George
Posted by Nate and Erin at 3:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
oh wow that is just like you :) get stuck in the mud because you want that pic hehehe j/k well it was all worth the try right? at least you did get the st.george temple pics they are awesome that temple is beautiful. You would think that we would stop and spend some time there but we haven't yet maybe our next visit which is soon yay!!!
I'm glad you didn't have to wait for someone to dig you out! ... And great pics of the Temple. They are beautiful!
Post a Comment